Youth Activists Movement
About the 2013 Youth Activist Movement Program
In 2013, we offered youth ages 13-21 the opportunity to receive 35 hours of professional training in nonviolence, conflict transformation, and leadership development between February 16-April 4.
The 2013 program included these incredible training opportunities (check out the photos below!):
- Youth Activist Movement Kick-Off
- Positive Peace Warriors 2-Day Training
- Anger Management (by Center for Dispute Settlement)
- Aikido as Nonviolence (by Aikido Kokikai)
- Interrupters Film & Violence De-escalation Training (by Pathways to Peace)
- Nonviolent Communication Training (by Gandhi Institute)
- Graduation at City Hall with special screening of participatory video projects!
“The choice today is no longer between violence and nonviolence. It is either nonviolence or nonexistence.”
- Martin Luther King, Jr.